How well do you know the Scriptures? Here is a great opportunities to find out. As the apostle Paul said, "Test yourselves" (2 Cor 13:5). Now I know I'm taking it out of context. He wasn't referring to Bible knowledge, but to an obedient walk with the Lord. Not to say there isn't a connection between the two.
Today's quiz is for Bible readers, especially those who have been reading the Bible for a year or more. If you are not a believer, or have never read the Bible, you might still have a go. Have fun!
Basic Old Testament
- Approximately what portion of the Bible is the OT? 25% 50% 75% 90%
- Who was Aaron's younger brother?
- Which book contains works that are both songs and prayers?
- How many books of Kings are there?
- Place the following in chronological order: Isaac Jacob Abraham Cain Joseph
- Which book comes after Jeremiah?
- Approximately how many years ago did David live? 5000 4000 3000 2000
- How many books are there in the Minor Prophets?
- How many chapters are there in Proverbs?
- The Old Testament was the Bible of the early church: True or False?
Answers: 1. 75%. 2. Moses. 3. Psalms. 4. Two (in Orthodox Bibles, 1-2 Sam are called 1-2 Kings, and 1-2 Ki are 3-4 Kings). 5. Cain-Abraham-Isaac-Jacob-Joseph. 6. Lamentations. 7. Three thousand. 8. Twelve. 9. Thirty-one. 10. True. It took time for the NT books to be written, copied, & disseminated. Grading scale: 9-10—Great; 7-8—Good; 5-6—Fair; 3-4—Poor; 1-2—Minimal